40 weeks and a pineapple

today is a special day...it marks the final day of the last 40 weeks of waiting for timothy.  of course, we are still waiting and by all appearances, today hasn't looked much different than any others...due dates are kind of ridiculous aren't they?  i've read that in some cultures, expectant women are just given a "due month."  that honestly makes a lot more sense to me....but that's another blog post for another day.

as of this evening, i'm left with eating more pineapple, walking my waddle as much as possible, squatting while doing a number of daily activites and doing a few other things that just might encourage this little guy to come out and meet us...but, God continually reminds me in a number of ways, that he alone is the one i am to trust completely -him first: before my body, before all attempts at encouraging labor to begin, before my Dr's words, before my own feelings, before what anyone says or thinks...

and though the uncertainty and the need to lay down my own hopes and fears again and again continue to surround me, he reminds me that those very things are gifts from him. if i receive them, they are gifts that leave room for me to seek him, trust him, know him, know he is in control and rest in his ultimate plans and sovereignty -the only places where i will find true peace, strength and confidence.

so, here's to embracing the camera with a 40 week bump that's bigger than a pineapple...and more than that, a heart that is learning to trust God with his timing and ways...




"you keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."  isaiah 26:3
"some trust in pineapples and doctors and their own bodies chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." psalm 20:7

linking up with lovely emily and other fun bloggers here:



3 comments

Popular Posts