A family anthem song

There's a song our whole family happens to be pretty into at the moment.  The boys love it and call it "our song."  And that is a-okay with me because I am praying that the lines in For King and Country's song, Fix my Eyes, will describe what my little boys grow into (and what I hope our whole little family team will keep growing into).

Watch out - the "little" part of our family team is quite fierce -upside down
superhero masks, chubby fingers and all.

If you are ever in our van mobile (because we all know that minivans are the new superhero vehicle of choice),  and this song comes on, watch out and be ready to hear 4 people, big and little, singing their hearts out... Does anyone else love For King and County??  This is their favorite part to belt out:


"LOVE LIKE I'M NOT SCARED
GIVE WHEN IT'S NOT FAIR
LIVE LIFE FOR ANOTHER
TAKE TIME FOR A BROTHER
FIGHT FOR THE WEAK ONES
SPEAK OUT FOR FREEDOM
FIND FAITH IN THE BATTLE
STAND TALL AND ABOVE IT ALL...

I FIX MY EYES ON YOU"

I highly recommend having a family song.  For silliness and seriousness sake, it's a great way to come together, no matter how big or small you are.   And there's nothing like singing it together to remember what your family wants to be about and to remember what some of your marching orders are.

What would your family's anthem song be if you had one?


2 comments

Popular Posts