Fair Friday Finds: More than Sparrows

One of the many blessings of being a Noonday Ambassador is being a part of the larger Ambassador community.  We have a special FB page where we support each other in our businesses but also pray for one another, post pics for fashion advice and share what we are learning as those who seek to advocate for the poor and vulnerable with our time and resources.   We even buy and sell clothes from one another!  I have learned so much about shopping fair trade and about businesses that are fair and ethical from my fellow ambassador community.  I don't know if other businesses have community like this but it sure seems like a rare gem to me.  I've never met most of these ladies face-to-face but I feel connected to them and inspired by them!

One of these ladies is Annie, and in addition to being an ambassador with Noonday,  she has her own company, The Sparrow Studio.  "The Sparrow Studio's primary goal is to create a marketplace for handmade home decor from a cooperative of women in Africa.  The cooperative is composed of 35 women in Kigali, Rwanda.  They are hard working, talented, creative, beautiful moms, survivors of the massive genocide in 1994.  They are also primarily HIV+ and hoping to leave the sex trade and a situation defined by shame and crippling poverty." You can read more here.

The Sparrow Studio has gorgeous items for your home.  Pillows, table linens, and a bunch of adorable holiday decor items.  Take a look at this loveliness:


The banners and pillowcases come in so many beautiful patterns and colors!

Who doesn't love zebras?  Especially "hand-batiked" zebras.

Aren't these little nativity sets adorable??  These would be perfect for little hands.

I love these garlands and plan to order some for Christmas decorating soon!
They come in all colors and varieties.
I just ordered a few sets of table linens and am giddy at how beautiful they are in person! I will be doing a part 2 spotlight on some other More Than Sparrows items as Christmas and the holidays draw close, but wanted to show you these adorable cloth napkins today.  I have needed to buy more cloth napkins for some time.  I've spent the last few years continually convicted at the amount of paper waste I contribute with my paper towel usage.  It's hard to not add to the waste with 2 little boys and the ease of paper towels.   So, it's been a long term goal to start using cloth napkins more often and I can't think of a better place to buy them, knowing my purchase is helping women heal and come out of poverty.


I love the birdies and the reminder that we are all worth more than sparrows to God.


I love knowing who made my purchases and knowing they are treated fairly and with dignity.
Learn more about this awesome business and browse and shop their collection.  You will, no doubt, be inspired by the beauty, talent and hope that is happening through them!

Check out my other Fair Friday Finds if you are new to this series.  And thank you so much to those of you who have been such an encouragement to our family in our recent adoption news and by buying Just Love Coffee to support our adoption!!  We have been so encouraged by you, friends.



Post a Comment