Ethical, last minute gift ideas for the littles and the ladies...

I haven't been so awesome at posting Fair Friday Finds as of late... but hope to get back to it soon.  In the meantime, it's not Friday, but it IS just 12 days until Christmas.  I am fortunate to not only have little paper and cloth advent calendars to remind me, but also a living and breathing, almost 6 year old, advent calendar...

You would think that would  help me with my last minute, idealistic tendencies when it comes to gifts...  Honestly, I've actually been a better planner than I normally am, this year.  I just have a few lingering things to wrap up.

For all of you who are passionate about gift-giving and also insanely good at procrastinating - I get it.  I understand you and your talent in this area.

I thought I would post a few fun ethical/fair-trade gift ideas for those of you who still have a few people to cross off of your list.

For the Littles:

1. ByTavi's little coin purses.  

What little girl wouldn't like to have a little animal coin purse to carry around and put little items in?  I still remember loving the little purse I had when I was a young girl and these sweet little accessories have the added benefit of helping women out of sex-trafficking in Cambodia.  The ones pictured below can be found online at ByTavi.  If you are local, they will be open every Saturday in Dec for shopping.  There are also a few of these at Lily and Sparrow Boutique/Make Fresh Salon in Fishers.

little fish coin purse

little elephant coin purse

2.  Tegu Magnetic Blocks

These blocks are so cool and the fact that they are magnetic is perfect for the littlest of builders in your life.  How fun that they can easily travel with their own soft case and come in a variety of colors and amounts!  And even cooler, the two guys who started Tegu, started it to create a for-profit company that has a positive social impact.  They live in Honduras, where they partner with a local school and build into the community there.  So while your littles are growing in creative skills through play as they build, think about what amazing things are being built in Honduras.  Look at their story and more of their collection here.  And if you need to order something right away, you can find a lot of Tegu products at Amazon.  Just be sure to sign up to use Amazon Smile so that some of your purchase goes toward a good cause (my favorites: IJM and The Sparrow Studio).


3. Wildy Co.

I have posted about these clothes before and am even more excited about this company since they just launched a bunch more items -all adorable, functional and ethical clothing pieces for boys and girls.  I cannot wait to get more for our little guys.  I have been eyeing these pullovers and love all of the colors they come in!  Shop online at Wildy Co and order by Friday (19th) to get your gifts by Christmas!  You can also get 15% off of your first purchase by signing up to receive adorable emails.



For the ladies:

1. Noonday Collection (of course!?)  

I know, I don't need to say much here but if you would like to purchase jewelry or accessories for the lady in your life and be able to tell her that her gift is also creating economic opportunity for the poor and vulnerable... I think it would go over really well.  Seriously, these items are handmade, beautiful, full of story and impact and fight for good.  Enough said.  You only have until MONDAY (12/15) to order online and ensure Christmas delivery...but did you know that you can also purchase a gift card for a variety of amounts from $25-$200 and these can be bought anytime!   The Botanical Bag is unbelievably stunning and one of my favorites this season -it can be a crossbody bag by day or a clutch for a night out and it's on sale right now!


2. Thistle Farms

I just heard about this company recently and they are based in Nashville, TN and exist to support abused women.  Seriously.  Read more about their story and what they are about here.  You can order Christmas gifts online by 12/17.  From tea, to beauty products, to essential oils, they have a lot to offer.  You can also shop some of their products on Amazon.  I found this Spa Gift Set there and think it would make a perfect gift.


3. Janji

This is another company I recently heard about and anything on their site would make a great gift for the athletic girl in your life.  On their site, it says that "Janji means promise in Malay."  And this company's promise, "is to use the power of running to fight the global water crisis."  How cool is that?  Check out all of their products here, and order by 12/18 to ensure delivery by Christmas.


I hope this helps any of you who are still looking for the right gift for a little or a lady in your life.  For the record, I didn't buy exclusively fair trade for my whole family this year -but we did choose lots of fair trade or ethical gifts when we could and I am so thankful for the increasing number of options in this area.  It really is exciting.

I would love to hear if you end up purchasing from one of these amazing companies!  
Post a Comment